Pasta al Pesce Spada
500g Swordfish, skinned and cut into cubes, keep some large pieces
2 cloves garlic, peeled and slightly crushed
400g Villa Diced Tomatoes
2 Tbs Baby Capers
hand full of freshly chopped Parsley
1 stalk of celery, finely diced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Chilli, finely chopped (optional)
500g Spaghetti Pasta or any pasta of your choice
- Fill a large pot of water on to boil. Add salt to the water. Once the water comes to the boil you can add your pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, lets get on with the swordfish. Saute the garlic and celery on a medium to high heat until the garlic is golden brown in colour.
- Add the swordfish and stir through to cook it evenly, gently not to break up the swordfish.
- Once the swordfish has cooked you can then add the diced tomatoes and capers, lower the heat and let this simmer. If your adding the chilli now is the time.
- Add salt and cracked pepper to taste. You can turn off the heat.
- Once the pasta is ready, gently take it out of the water one Pasta ladle spoon at a time (don’t worry if there is water running off it, you will need that water to make it a proper sauce) and mix through gently until all the pasta is added. If you feel the sauce is too dense add some of the pasta water to create more of a runny sauce.
- Plate up your pasta and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.