Pasta Alla Norma
1 garlic clove crushed
2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
660g Nonna Maria’s Passata
Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by dicing the eggplant into 1-2cm cubes and sprinkle with salt. Leave to sit for 10 minutes to draw out any excess moisture.
- Gently fry the garlic in the oil for 30 seconds.
- Add the sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes, then add basil, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile rinse the salt off the eggplant and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shallow fry in olive oil until golden brown. Remove from heat and place on a dish with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Cook your pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain from the water and add the sauce to the pasta and stir through.
- Then toss in the eggplant and mix together.
- Serve and enjoy